Standup VHR Bed
- Is Tanning For You?
Gearing up for a cruise, honeymoon, special event … or just want to look your best with a beautiful golden tan? Then our professional indoor tanning service is for you. More and more of our clients are tanning indoors for convenience, speed, control and even the pure enjoyment. UV Tanning not only makes you look your best, but feel your best! If you’re not already aware of the advantages that our services offer, we invite you to visit us today for a truly enjoyable tanning experience. Our goal is to offer our clients competitive pricing on some of the most luxurious tanning equipment offered in lovely downtown Long Beach.
- Why Tan Indoors?
When you tan at an indoor tanning salon, your skin produces a tan in the same way that it does when you tan outdoors-through the absorption of ultraviolet light. One of the many benefits of indoor tanning is that it allows you to control the amount of ultraviolet light that you are exposed to, to help avoid a sunburn. At our tanning salon, your tanning session is determined by the equipment manufacturers recommendation as well as our trained staff that take into account your tanning history and your skin type.Convenience is another consideration when choosing to tan indoors. Outdoor tanning is often limited by season, location and weather. Indoor UV tanning offers you dependable control, convenience and service!
- What to Expect
Depending on your natural tanning ability, beginners typically see results after their very first tan. However, it can take approximately 2-to-5 sessions to achieve a base tan. We recommend that beginners tan once every 48 hours until a base tan is achieved. After that you can maintain your tan with 1-2 weekly sessions. It’s also strongly recommended that you use a quality indoor tanning lotion offered by our salon to both moisturize your skin and to improve your overall tanning potential. Please consult with a member of our staff to determine the tanning schedule and product that is right for your skin type.
- Sundazzler VHR Stand-up Bed
Delivering immediate color for dazzling results, the Sundazzler is the answer for vertical tanning.
The Sundazzler VHR booth has 54 220-watt reflector lamps that surround you in total tanning power in only 9 minutes! The Sundazzler helps you get rid of the “racing stripe” on the sides of your body and the dreaded “white armpit” look! A favorite for brides who are getting ready to throw the bouquet! Only once a week will keep your tanning looking great! Stand-up tanning beds are the latest technology which will very soon phase out the horizontal beds that we have today. They are faster, much more effective, time-saving, hygienic, and provide a quality tan, making a person feel and look good! See it for yourself at SunKiss Spa.
- High Pressure These beds emit a higher proportion of UVA rays (versus UVB rays). UVB rays are the ones that cause sunburn. In this kind of bed you’ll get a deeper, longer-lasting tan.
- Even Tan One of the main advantages of such beds is that you get a much more even tan as compared to the one that you get on horizontal beds. The lamps used in it have a different kind of reflector and hence, the UV rays are spread around the body evenly. Secondly, when using a horizontal bed, you need to turn your body as either your frontal body or your back can get tanned at a time. On the other hand, in a vertical tanning bed, UV lights fall on your entire body at once as lamps are located at various places in a vertical booth. Thirdly, since you stand while getting a tan, you are free to move your arms or legs or any other body part which further induces a better quality and even tanning effect. Lastly, many people feel that their body parts, such as the shoulder blades, hips, and back of the legs that touch the tanning beds when they are lying down, do not get tanned properly. This problem is eliminated in vertical beds as the skin does not touch the surface of such beds and hence no pressure points are created.
- Stronger Tan in Lesser Time Another reason why you should consider vertical tanning bed, is that the bulbs used in them are of a greater wattage, so they give a much stronger tan in the same amount of time when compared to the horizontal beds, thus saving you a lot of time. So for all those who might not be too comfortable with the idea of spending a lot of time in tanning booths or feel claustrophobic in them, stand- up tanning beds are your answer.
- Hygienic Many people do not like the idea of lying down on used tanning beds in salons. They feel uncomfortable with the fact that their skin is touching the bed on which someone else was lying down before. Although these beds are not at all unhygienic as the strong heat inside the booth kills all germs, still certain people might be apprehensive. Such problems do not arise with stand-up beds as nobody needs to touch its walls to get tanned.